So glad you're here, and let me know if you have any questions!
2D Animation Basics
4 WEEKS, Progressive
Learn the basics of 2D Animation using either Clip Studio Paint or Procreate. You’ll also learn some of the fundamental skills needed to continue learning with more advanced courses!
Digital drawing setup required (any of the following):
- Laptop or desktop with a connected graphics tablet or graphics display
- iPad with Apple Pencil, Surface Pro, Galaxy Tab or similar
If you need guidance about equipment, see point#7 on this page.
Should I know how to use any software before I take the class?
Yes! You should already know how to do basic things in either Clip Studio Paint Pro or Procreate, such as:
- Use the pencil and eraser
- Choose colors
- Use layers
- Use selection tools
Please have one or the other installed on your computer or tablet before class starts. Here are links to download them:
- Clip Studio Paint Pro ($50 lifetime license)
- Clip Studio Paint Pro (Subscription: $2/mo when you pay for the whole year. Click on the “Get 3 months for free” button on this page to start for free)
- Procreate ($9.99, iPad only)
I recommend Clip Studio Paint Pro for both desktop and tablet! It’s a bit more interface to manage, but if you’re serious about production art in the future, there are many advantages to learning it. Clip Studio Paint Pro is used by many production studios (including Bethel)!